Last year, around 3 million Americans were injured in a car accident, with many of these going on to suffer life-changing injuries and conditions as a result. If you have been injured in a car accident in or near St Petersburg, Florida, it is important to know the options available to you. Your injury does not need to define your life.
In fact, with the right physical therapy in St. Petersburg, you can get your body back on track and begin to move on from your accident. Physical therapy involves therapeutic exercise to slowly and safely help your body and mind recover from the accident.
The sooner you begin your physical therapy, the sooner you can get back to normal. With that in mind, here is everything you need to know about receiving physical therapy in St. Petersburg after a car accident.
1. Why Do I Need Physical Therapy?
There are many reasons to seek manual therapy after a car accident in Florida. Most importantly, physical therapy supports the recovery process using medically proven training techniques for your body. If you are serious about your recovery, PT regimens are essential to get you there.
Whether your issue is back pain, immobility, poor motor skills, migraines, stiffness, or any other common car accident ailment, physical therapy will speed up your recovery. In addition, physical therapy in St Petersburg will help reduce the chance of any long-term conditions developing as a result of your accident.
Car accidents can cause many long-term conditions to arise, including but not limited to PTSD, vertigo, early-onset arthritis, and immobility. By undergoing PT as soon as you are able, you can fight the causes of long-term injury. PT can also be a safer and less stressful alternative to surgery depending on the injuries.
What’s more, physical therapy can even restore functions in people who were injured in a car accident many years ago. These are just a few of the compelling reasons to seek physical therapy in St Petersburg today.
2. What Does Physical Therapy Entail?
If you are completely new to physical therapy, do not panic. Before you book your physical therapy in St Petersburg, here are just a few of the many physical therapies available to you:
- Manual Therapy: This is therapy delivered by the hands of a skilled professional aimed at improved flexibility, limb function, and range of motion.
- Neuromuscular Re-Education: These are techniques and activities designed to restore nerve function and get your limbs moving again.
- Paraffin Bath: This is a kind of wax bath that is used for both pain relief and to help heal burns, scars, calluses, and incisions on your skin.
- Mechanical Traction: This is a physical exercise regime aimed at stretching the spinal vertebrae and muscles to improve function.
- Ultrasound Therapy: This involves the use of sound waves to treat inflammations and skeletal problems arising from your accident.
These are just a few of the physical therapy treatments available at our St Petersburg physical therapy clinic.
Begin Your Physical Therapy St Petersburg Today
If you are ready to begin the recovery process after your accident, we are here to help. To learn more about our physical therapy St Petersburg services, do not hesitate to get in touch with our friendly and experienced team today. We are here to take you through the recovery process.